Monday, September 5, 2011

Oh I Wish It Would Rain

In Texas, that is. We've had more than 24 hours of steady rain here; the temperature right now is 58 degrees....Saturday night it was 82 at this time of night. It's supposed to be rainy all week, just about.

Meanwhile a huge portion of Texas is burning. I have a lot of friends in Texas, and I see their posts about new fires in my Facebook feed and my heart aches.

People are losing their homes, roads are closed, and a few people have died as a result of these terrible wildfires. Texas has I think more than half the state in what they call Exceptional Drought, and I believe they need something like a foot of rain to end it.

If you are reading this, please take a moment RIGHT NOW to say a prayer that Texas gets two things: firefighters to help get the fires under control, and RAIN. Lots and lots of rain. I don't think they would object much to a tropical storm right now, even. Then share this post on any and all of your social network sites - Twitter, Facebook, Google+, Plurk, email, link to this on your blog, let's get this prayer network out to the whole internet!!

Thank you so much in advance! May God reward you for your prayers!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you. We'll take all the prayers and tropical storms we can get. TS Lee was part of the problem, sucking in more dry, high winds to fuel the fires. Spending two days smelling smoke is wearying.

    ReplyDelete