Monday, February 7, 2011

Oh, Puh-leeeeze.



No excuse for that, really.  When I was in Leadership School in the Army, we had to earn our weekend passes.  I was, at that time, very nearly phobic about speaking in public, much less singing.  However, to earn one particular weekend pass the task was to sing a song.  I chose the National Anthem.  I was terrified.  But I sang it, without flubbing the words, and got my days off.  And about that 'being caught up in the moment'? I've been there/done that too, and usually when that happens to me I end up doing/saying/accomplishing something I never would have been able to if I hadn't been in that 'zone'.  (I call it the Holy Spirit).  I don't think I've ever felt like I was in the moment only to really mess something up.
And these people who sing the National Anthem in public like this need to quit with the vocal embellishments and sing the notes, at the proper tempo - it's not a dirge, but a march.
OK, I'm done griping now.

1 comment: