Tuesday, December 14, 2010

I'm Smiling

this morning, because last week I finished the socks I made for a friend's mother-in-law and mailed them off to her, in plenty of time to be able to give as a Christmas gift.  I woke up to a private message on a board where we are both members, that they had arrived safely and that she thinks they are very nice.

I am very thankful that I have little opportunities to use the talents God has seen fit to grant me, to do nice things for others.

In other knitting news, I also finished the "Sunday Swing" socks (photo coming; I've already worn them and the next time they go on my feet I'll take a picture) and over the weekend I knit Velvet a pair of "Fetching" fingerless mitts.
The yarn is Patons Soy Wool Stripes, and I used US5 dpns.  I plan to knit a pair for myself soon; they go very quickly and by the time I'd started the second mitt I had memorized the pattern and was able to just knit.  the only changes I made were to only knit 15 rounds between the last cable crossing on the wrist and the thumb, because Velvet has small hands.

Last night I copied and enlarged charts and cast on the "Cobweb Lace Stole" from Interweave Knits' Spring 2008 issue.  I'm using a US4 circular needle and Skacel Merino Lace 100% wool yarn in a dark taupe color.

1 comment: