Thursday, December 16, 2010

What Went On At Our House Today

We're getting some snow.  At midmorning Lightning McQueen went out to collect the eggs, and a gust of wind caught the door to the chicken coop and blew it shut.  Normally that's not a problem, but this time the latch flipped and went right into the eye bolt.  I heard him yelling, and thought he was just whooping and hollering out there in the snow.  After several minutes I went to the back door to tell him he really needed to bring the eggs in, and this is what I saw:
I went around to where I could see the latch side of the coop door, and :

So I had to let him out.  I'm very thankful I had the presence of mind to get the camera before I went outside, because it just wouldn't have been the same without the pictures, don't you agree?

Lest you think it's only he who does things that are worthy of being photographed, here's Birdman making some snickerdoodles after lunch:
They were delicious.

And here's a shot of Velvet in her natural habitat:

If it stops snowing I may go out tomorrow at some point and see if there are pretty trees with snow on them to take pictures of.  Nothing much is moving in my neighborhood; I suppose the snow removal crews are busy with the main streets in town and will get to me when they can.

1 comment:

  1. Fun insight to life on the hill with the minis! :o) (who aren't so mini anymore, y'know...)

    The snow is lovely up on this hill! Hope you all can still make it to our party tomorrow night...plan for a sleepover if there's tons of snow! ;o)

    ReplyDelete