Wednesday, August 11, 2010

When Bloggers get Busy, They Shamelessly Get Fodder for Posts from Other Blogs

Mantilla the Hon on Bad Vestments

Oh look! I'm not the only one out there who thinks we need to bring the era of the "polyester priest" to an end. Right now. But what can we expect when people are turning up in Church in spaghetti-strap dresses with visible bra straps? I wonder sometimes, did people quit dressing in "Sunday clothes" when they noticed Father decked out in a chasuble whose fabric could very well have come from the table linens department of Bed, Bath and Beyond........or was it the other way around? Somehow I think the former is more likely.

And I used the example of a polyester-tablecloth-chasuble deliberately. I have yet to see a "creative" set of Eastern vestments. For which I am very thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment