Friday, May 6, 2011

Price Check #4

It's been a while since I did one of these, but then again it's been a while since I made a big trip to the store!  This week I shopped at Kroger, and as always if I don't mention a brand, it's the store brand.


Regular gas is $4.099 a gallon.  I didn't fill up this evening, but I will at some point this weekend.  I have enough shopping points to get 10 cents off per gallon.

Milk, 2%, $2.78 (I wonder if we could make a car that runs on milk......)
Frozen vegetables, 1# bags, average $1.49/bag
Knorr/Lipton Pasta Sides, $1.00
Bush's Baked Beans, Homestyle Recipe, large can, $1.67
Bacon, thick sliced, 1# package, $5.49
Oats, Old-Fashioned, 42-oz. canister, $2.99
Hearty Tomato Soup, Progresso, $1.50
Duchess Fried Pies, $0.50 each
Heavy Duty Aluminum Foil, 50 sq. ft., $3.19
Peanut Butter, 18 oz. jar, $1.89
Salted Butter, 1# quarters, $3.19
Red Potatoes, 5# bag, $4.59
Styrofoam bowls, 30 count, $2.09
Styrofoam plates, 50 count, $1.29
Plastic cups, 50 count, $1.50
Saltine crackers, $1.05
Vermicelli, 1# box, $1.05

I had a bunch of coupons and managed to save a little over $20 on the total bill.  I still need flour but I have to go to Wal-Mart to get that; I buy the 10# bag of King Arthur all purpose flour which is $6.29 there; the 5# bag of the same flour is over $5 at both Kroger and Giant Eagle.

What do some of these things cost where you are?  Flour? Butter? A pound of bacon?  Gallon of milk?  And what's gas costing you nowadays?

No comments:

Post a Comment